While women represent nearly half of the U.S. workforce, they are most often are the ones who adjust their schedules and make compromises when the needs of children and other family members collide with work, according to the Pew Research Center. And that means less time to care for themselves. Self-care, both physical and emotional, is a necessity.
It’s important for women to recognize that taking time for self-care isn’t selfish, say the experts at Centerstone, a not-for-profit provider of community-based behavioral health care. One of the most important things you can do for your family and friends is to care for your own health. Spend some time by yourself. The world will keep on going while you take time out to sit quietly outside, read a book in a café, or enjoy a cup of tea in a comfortable chair.
Another way to care for yourself is to declutter your surroundings and remove the things that cause stress. And you’re allowed to say “no” when people ask more of you than you’re willing to give. Saying no is a skill that can release your inner strength and ignite your confidence.
Boiron offers a variety of products to meet women’s needs, no matter what stage of life. Boiron medicines do not interact with other medications or cause drowsiness that could interfere with daily life.
Some of the most popular medicines for women are:
- Cyclease® Cramp Tablets, which temporarily relieve minor aches and pain associated with menstrual cramps.*
- Cyclease® PMS Tablets, which temporarily relieve premenstrual symptoms such as discomfort, aches, bloating, and irritability.*
- Yeastaway® Suppositories, which temporarily relieve symptoms of vaginal yeast infection (candidiasis) such as minor vaginal itching, burning, and discomfort.*
- Acteane®, which temporarily relieves hot flashes, night sweats, and irritability associated with menopause.*
Learn more about homeopathic medicines by downloading the Boiron Medicine Finder app.
* Claims based on traditional homeopathic practice, not accepted medical evidence. Not FDA evaluated.