Boiron Chestal Cold & Cough conveniently targets both common cough and cold symptoms with homeopathic medicines. The sweet-tasting multi-symptom syrup relieves nasal and chest congestion, dry fitful cough, sneezing, minor sore throat, and runny or stuffy nose.* It does not interact with other medications or supplements, and there’s no risk of a rebound effect. Chestal Cold & Cough is dye-free, 99.9 percent alcohol-free, and non-habit forming. It won’t mask symptoms of a more serious condition.
Recommended for everyone ages 3 and up, Chestal® Cold & Cough is available over the counter in a 6.7 fl oz recyclable glass bottle with a dosage cup for 20 doses. Also try Oscillococcinum® for flu symptoms and the ColdCalm® line.
- Temporarily relieves symptoms of the common cold such as:
- nasal and chest congestion
- fitful cough
- minor sore throat
- runny or stuffy nose
- Dulcamara 5C HPUS—Relieves colds and cough worsened by exposure to damp cold
- Ferrum phosphoricum 9C HPUS—Relieves colds with gradual onset, minor sore throat, and dry, fitful cough
- Hydrastis canadensis 9C HPUS—Relieves colds and cough associated with runny nose
- Kali bichromicum 9C HPUS—Relieves nasal discharge
- Nux vomica 9C HPUS—Relieves sneezing attacks
The letters HPUS indicate that this ingredient is officially included in the Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia of the United States.
- Citric acid
- Purified water
- Sodium benzoate
- Adults and children 12 years of age and older: Take 10 mL‡ every 2 hours, up to 8 times per day
- Children 6 to 11 years of age: Take 5 mL‡ every 2 hours, up to 6 times per day
- Children 3 to 5 years of age: Take 5 mL‡ every 2 hours, up to 3 times per day
- Children under 3 years of age: Not recommended.
‡Use only with dosing cup provided. Do not use dosing cup with other products
- Ask a doctor before use if you have
- severe sore throat that is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomitting
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- Stop use and ask a doctor if
- sore throat persists for more than 2 days
- cough lasts for more than 7 days, comes back, or is accompanied by fever, rash, or a persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
- If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
- Keep out of reach of children. In case of accidental overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.