For those who bruise easily or often, including women, active adults and children, and seniors, there’s Boiron Arnicare Bruise. This homeopathic medicine is made from mountain daisies (Arnica montana). The cooling gel spot treats the discoloration, swelling, and pain of tender and unsightly black-and-blue marks, including those resulting from minor injuries and falls. It’s best when used soon after impact. This non-greasy, water-based formula is absorbed quickly by the skin, leaving no residue. It’s free of fragrances, dyes, and parabens. Arnicare Bruise is available over the counter in a 1.5 oz tube in the first aid aisle. Boiron’s pain relief includes Arnicare Gel, Cream, Ointment, Tablet, and an arthritis pain formula.
- Reduces symptoms of bruising such as:
- Arnica montana 1X HPUS-7% —Reduces pain & swelling and discoloration from bruising
The letters HPUS indicate that this ingredient is officially included in the Homeopathic Pharmacopœia of the United States.
- Purified water
- Sodium hydroxide
- Apply a thin layer of Arnicare Bruise to affected area and massage gently as soon as possible after minor bruise. Repeat 3 times a day or as needed.
- If heat or ice is applied, wait 5 minutes before applying Arnicare Bruise.
- For external use only.
- Do not use if you are allergic to Arnica montana or to any of this product’s inactive ingredients.
- Avoid contact with eyes, mucous membranes, wounds, damaged or irritated skin.
- Use only as directed
- Dryness or irritation may occur
- Do not tightly wrap or bandage the treated area
- Do not apply heat or ice to the treated area immediately before or after use
- Stop use and ask a doctor if condition persists for more than 3 days or worsens. Symptoms clear up and occur again within a few days.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.