// //
Skip to Content | Accesskey Details
Bringout the Health Within

Our Story

Boiron was founded in 1932 in Lyon, France, by twin brothers and pharmacists Jean and Henri Boiron. More about Boiron’s history in France and throughout the world can be found at www.boiron.com.

Jean & Henri Boiron

In 1983, Boiron established a U.S. presence by acquiring John A. Borneman & Sons, Inc. in suburban Philadelphia. The newly formed organization adopted the name Boiron-Borneman, Inc., which was later legally changed to Boiron USA, Inc.

In response to a significant interest in homeopathy in California, Boiron established a branch in Simi Valley, Calif., outside of Los Angeles in 1989. After much growth and the need to contract for larger warehousing on both the east and west coasts, a newly built west coast branch was completed in June 2005.

Today, Boiron USA has evolved into a leading U.S. homeopathic medicine supplier. The company partners with brokers, distributors and retail chains to make homeopathic medicines available to a wide variety of consumers and physicians. Boiron’s staff of 120+ consists of pharmacists and lab technicians, accounting and IT personnel, marketing & public relations staff, national sales force, customer service, and order fulfillment and shipping professionals — many of whom have impressively long careers with the company.

Manufacturing Homeopathic Medicines with Jean Boiron. In this 1937 video, Boiron’s co-founder, pharmacist Jean Boiron, shows us the steps taken to manufacture homeopathic medicines. From harvesting plants in the French Alps to creating mother tinctures in the Boiron laboratory, Jean and his team work diligently to ensure they are producing high-quality medicines for their patients and consumers.