One of the top worries among parents is that their children will get sick, and when the winter flu and cold season hits, illnesses can pop up more frequently.
As one of the safest choices for self-treatment, homeopathic medicines offer parents another choice. Why? These medicines:
- Do not cause drowsiness or jitteriness in children,
- Have no known interactions with other medication,
- Don’t mask symptoms (allowing doctors and patients to easily detect and respond to symptoms of serious illnesses should they arise), and
- Are not body-mass dependent (so there’s no need to give more or less medicine depending on body weight)
Boiron Children's Health Medicines
Boiron has been offering Oscillococcinum since 1967 and families around the world have relied on it to relieve flu-like symptoms.* Parents can also find ColdCalm Kids Pellets for colds in the kid’s aisle along with Children’s Chestal cough syrup.**
Each of these products contains active ingredients that are microdoses of plants, animals, and minerals.
All of Boiron’s products are regulated as drugs by the FDA1, which means the medicines are labeled according to specificiations. The clear labels for specific indications are easy for parents to understand. And, they are manufactured according to the highest standards.
Parents can quickly and affordably pick up these over-the-counter medicines without a prescription in the children’s aisle or in the cough, cold and flu section of health food stores and independent pharmacies nationwide.
In today’s busy world, parents have a lot of concerns on their minds. Flu and cold medicines for their children shouldn’t be on that list.
1. Drug Products Labeled as Homeopathic: Guidance for FDA Staff and Industry (revised draft). U.S. Food and Drug Administration. October 2019. Available at: https://www.fda.gov/regulatory-information/search-fda-guidance-documents/drug-products-labeled-homeopathic-guidance-fda-staff-and-industry.
*These “Uses” have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
**Claims based on traditional homeopathic practice, not accepted medical evidence. Not FDA evaluated.