Celebrated everywhere whether you are Irish or not, Saint Patrick’s Day is one of the busiest days of the year for most bars and restaurants. If you’re heading out to your favorite Irish pub tonight to enjoy traditional food, drinks and Celtic music, be prepared for an upset stomach or heartburn tomorrow morning with these convenient and reliable Boiron medicines. Acidil relieves heartburn, acid indigestion and upset stomach, while Gasalia relieves bloating, pressure and pain associated with gas. Both are available in quick-dissolving tablets. If you experience nausea and an upset stomach from overindulgence in food and drink, as well as hangover symptoms, try Nux vomica pellets.* Nux also works well when you feel a bit drowsy after a heavy meal, or if you tend to eat too much spicy or rich food.
How will you celebrate Saint Patrick’s Day? Share your favorite spots or traditions with us, as well as your own healthy recovery tips from the festivities in the comments section. Here are some fun facts about traditional parades held across the U.S.:
- New York City hosts the largest Saint Patrick’s Day parade in the world.
- Scranton, Pa. holds the third largest Saint Patrick’s Day parade in the U.S. This parade has been held annually since 1862.
- Chicago dyes the Chicago River green every year, and has done so since 1962.
- Dallas has held the biggest Saint Patrick’s Day parade and festival in the Southwest every year since 1981.
- Buffalo, NY holds TWO parades – the “Old Neighborhood Parade” and the older and larger “Buffalo St. Patrick’s Day Parade.”
- Seattle’s Saint Patrick’s Day Parade was recognized by CNN as one of the “Five Places to Get Your Green On” in America in 2009.
Happy Saint Patrick’s Day from all of us here at Boiron!
*Claims based on traditional homeopathic practice, not accepted medical evidence. Not FDA evaluated.