Happy Holidays from Boiron to You & Yours
The hustle and bustle of holiday preparations is drawing to a close—the last gift has (hopefully!) been bought and wrapped, the cookies have been made, and the kids are anxiously awaiting the arrival of Santa. And here at Boiron, we’re all taking some time off to spend with our own loved ones and get ready for the new year. But before we go, we wanted to share with you these five fun holiday facts:
– The first candy cane dates back to 1670 in Germany. Today, more than 1.76 billion candy canes are made for the holidays, enough to stretch from Santa Claus, Indiana to North Pole, Alaska and back again 32 times.
– The original ball lowered in Times Square on New Year’s Eve back in 1907 was made of iron and wood and decorated with 100 light bulbs. The modern New Year’s ball is made of Waterford crystal, covered with 696 light bulbs, 96 strobe lights, and 90 rotating pyramid mirrors.
– It takes an average of seven years to grow a Christmas tree, and over 33 million are sold in the U.S. each year.
– Seven in 10 dogs will get Christmas gifts from their owners this year.
– Given the different time zones, Santa has 31 hours to deliver gifts, but his reindeer really have to fly, since that means visiting 823 homes per second.
And don’t forget—if you’re not feeling quite like yourself over the holidays, be sure to keep your favorite Boiron medicines like Oscillo, Arnicare and Nux vomica (heartburn or overindulgence) close at hand. Happy and healthy holidays from our families to yours!