Chestal Kids Cold & Cough by Boiron conveniently targets both common cough and cold symptoms in one medicine. The homeopathic multi-symptom formula relieves nasal and chest congestion, dry fitful cough, sneezing, minor sore throat, and a runny or stuffy nose.* The sweet-tasting syrup won’t interact with other medications and is recommended for children ages 3 and up.
Chestal Kids Cold & Cough is non-drowsy and non-habit forming, so it can be used day or night without worry. It won’t mask symptoms of a more serious condition and contains no artificial sweeteners, flavors, or dyes. Chestal Kids Cold & Cough is available over the counter in a 6.7 fl oz recyclable glass bottle with a dosage cup for 40 doses. Also try Oscillococcinum® for flu symptoms and the ColdCalm® line.
- Temporarily relieves symptoms of the common cold such as:
- nasal and chest congestion
- fitful cough
- minor sore throat
- runny or stuffy nose
- Dulcamara 5C HPUS—Relieves colds and cough worsened by exposure to damp cold
- Ferrum phosphoricum 9C HPUS—Relieves colds with gradual onset, minor sore throat, and dry, fitful cough
- Hydrastis canadensis 9C HPUS—Relieves colds and cough associated with runny nose
- Kali bichromicum 9C HPUS—Relieves nasal discharge
- Nux vomica 9C HPUS—Relieves sneezing fits
The letters “HPUS” indicate that the components in this product are officially monographed in the Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia of the United States.
- Citric acid
- Purified water
- Sodium benzoate
- Children 6 to 12 years of age: Take 5 mL‡ as needed, up to 6 times a day.
- Children 3 to 5 years of age: Take 5 mL‡ as needed, up to 3 times a day.
- Children under 3 years of age: Not recommended
‡Use only with dosing cup provided. Do not use dosing cup with other products.
- Ask a doctor before use if your child has:
- Severe sore throat that is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea or vomiting.
- Persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with asthma.
- Cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- sore throat persists for more than 2 days
- cough lasts for more than 7 days, comes back, or is accompanied by fever, rash or a persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
- Keep out of reach of children. In case of accidental overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.