Made with fresh mountain daisies (Arnica montana) from the French Alps, Boiron Arnicare Ointment relieves everyday muscle aches and pains without a traditional strong medicine smell. Use it at the first sign of back, neck, knee, shoulder, and leg pain; stiffness; swelling from injuries; bruises; or after a surgery.* The thick petroleum jelly base adheres longer to skin, maintaining contact between the affected area and the healing agent. It is designed for injuries that require a longer healing time. A homeopathic medicine, Arnicare Ointment does not contain menthol, camphor, methyl salicylate, capsaicin, fragrances, dyes, or parabens. It will not mask symptoms of a more serious condition.
Arnicare Ointment is available over the counter in a 1 oz tube. Boiron’s pain relief line includes a gel, cream, tablet, and arthritis pain formula.
- Temporarily relieves muscle pain and stiffness due to:
- minor injuries
- Reduces symptoms of bruising such as:
- Arnica montana 1X HPUS-4% —Relieves muscle pain & stiffness, swelling from injuries, discoloration from bruises
The letters HPUS indicate that this ingredient is officially included in the Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia of the United States.
- Purified water
- White petrolatum USP
- Apply a thin layer of Arnicare Ointment to affected area as soon as possible after minor injury.
- Repeat 3 times a day or as needed.
- If heat or ice is applied, wait 5 minuets before applying Arnicare Ointment.
- For external use only.
- Do not use if you are allergic to Arnica montana or to any of this product’s inactive ingredients.
- When using this product
- Avoid contact with eyes, mucous membranes, wounds, damaged or irritated skin.
- Use only as directed
- Do not tightly wrap or bandage the treated area
- Do not apply heat or ice to the treated area immediately before or after use.
- Stop use and ask a doctor if
- Condition persists for more than 3 days or worsens
- Symptoms clear up and occur again within a few days
- Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.