Single Medicines Can Aid Your Flu Recovery
With flu running rampant across the country, Oscillococcinum is your go-to homeopathic medicine for relief of flu-like symptoms like body aches, fever, chills, headache, and fatigue.* However, there are a number of additional single homeopathic medicines to help relieve your symptoms.
Christophe Merville, director of Education and Pharmacy Development at Boiron, recommends the following singles that address a variety of flu-related symptoms that can be used in conjunction with Oscillococcinum or on their own:
- Gelsemium sempervirens 30C helps relieve flu-like symptoms with headaches at the back of the head, trouble focusing with the eyes, trembling, chills, and general weakness.* You can take 5 pellets 3 times a day.
- Rhus toxicodendron 30C can help with flu-like symptoms with constant agitation to decrease body aches as well as cold sores.* Take 5 pellets 3 times a day.
- Bryonia 30C may be your answer when the slightest motion hurts and you prefer to stay immobile in your bed. Another indicator would be an intense thirst for large quantities of cold water and having a dry mouth. Bryonia will also address a painful, dry cough.* The recommended dosage is 5 pellets taken 3 times a day.
- Eupatorium perfoliatum 6C can help with pain in the “bones” or a feeling of crushed bones and stiffness that gets worse when you move. It also helps with fever that gets worse in the morning and painful ocular globes that are sensitive to pressure and movement.* Take 5 pellets of Eupatorium 3 times a day.
- Aconitum napellus 6C is indicated for a high fever of sudden onset (red face and no sweating). You may also feel agitated and anxious.* You can take 5 pellets every 2 hours and then decrease with improvement.
- Belladonna 6C is indicated for a high fever of sudden onset that fluctuates during the day. If you have profuse sweating, red face, intense thirst, dry mouth, sensitivity to light and noise, and feel restless, this medicine may provide some relief.* You can take 5 pellets every 2 hours and then decrease with improvement.
- If you’re getting over the flu but still feel fatigued or have a lingering cough,* try taking 5 pellets of Sulphur iodatum 30C twice a day for 8 days.
* These “Uses” have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.