When Summer Fun Goes Wrong, Homeopathy Can Help!
Every summer we are faced with a barrage of skin irritations, bug bites, sunburns, and other kinds of seasonal fun gone wrong. Here’s where homeopathy can help! Expert Joette Calabrese, HMC, CCH, RSHom(Na) recommends the following single medicines for your first aid kit:
- Apis mellifica can help relieve skin rashes with swollen, itchy skin that is improved by cold applications to the area. Apis can also help relieve burning skin or lips.*
- Belladonna is the main burn remedy used for a burning sensation that is relieved by cold applications.*
- Cantharis can also be used for sunburn or just about any kind of second degree burn that is very painful and with blisters.*
- Cuprum metallicum is traditionally associated with cramping muscles but is also used for heat exhaustion. This medicine can be used when experiencing light-headedness, a rapid pulse and a cold sweat.*
- Glonoinum and Belladonna are frequently used when an individual experiences a red face, throbbing headache, and fever after prolonged heat exposure. Heat stroke or sunstroke should be seen by a health care professional.*
- Hypericum perforatum can also help reduce sun-induced rashes, especially when taken before exposure.*
- Ledum palustre is one of the best remedies for puncture wounds as small as an insect bite. Ledum relieves swelling and itching of mosquito bites, especially when taken during times of exposure.*
- Natrum muriaticum reduces sun-induced rashes or sun allergy.*
- Urtica urens can help heal sun allergies with a stinging or prickly feeling or can relieve itching that is aggravated by cold and water.*
During the summer months, it pays to be prepared by making sure your home kit is stocked and at the ready. You will discover that homeopathy will be essential in keeping you and your family on track for a healthier and happier summer.
* These “Uses” have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.