Your Homeopathic Essentials for a Healthy Labor Day Weekend Celebration
For many, the school year has already begun, the weather is a little cooler, and busy schedules are starting to get more hectic. It’s also the time when we get to have one last fling with summer by enjoying a long weekend with the observation of the Labor Day holiday. Whether you plan to camp, head to the beach, or simply enjoy a backyard barbeque with friends and family, don’t forget these Boiron essentials to help keep you healthy and ready to celebrate.
– Suffering from indigestion or an upset stomach? Keep Nux vomica pellets on hand. This popular single medicine sold in a Boiron Blue Tube will help relieve nausea, acid indigestion, hangovers, and most importantly, an upset stomach from overindulgence in food and drink.
– Countless games of volleyball, bocce ball and bean bags is sure to leave you with sore muscles. Our non-sticky, non-greasy Arnicare Gel will help relieve muscle aches and stiffness without a medicinal smell.
– Too much sun? Barbecue burns? Bug bites? Our line of Calendula topicals works great on skin irritations and burns. Calendula Lotion is ideal for soothing sunburn, the ointment helps to heal minor burns, and the gel works well on insect bites and minor cuts and scrapes.
If you want to be the smartest person at the barbecue this weekend, here are some fun Labor Days facts to share with family and friends:
– The first labor strike in U.S. history is believed to have occurred in 1636 when a group of Maine fishermen refused to work after the owner of their boats failed to pay them.
– On September 5, 1882, the first Labor Day parade was held in America by the Central Labor Union of New York.
– Peter McGuire, nicknamed “Disturber of the Public Peace,” is widely believed to be the father of Labor Day in America.
– In 1894, President Grover Cleveland signed the bill making Labor Day a national holiday.
From everyone here at Boiron, we wish you and your family a safe and healthy Labor Day weekend.